Promote your organisation, including jobs and other practical opportunities, directly to our students.
You can promote your employment brand to University of Melbourne students in a number of ways, including:
- Advertising on our online jobs board Careers Online
- Participating in careers fairs
- Targeted emails and mail-outs
- Participate in one of our industry panel events
Web banner advertising
Web banner advertisements appear on Careers Online, which is home to our online jobs and events board. The system is accessed by more than 10,000 students and graduates every month and is a great way to promote your brand and employment opportunities.
Booking a web banner ad
Cost is $550 (GST included) for a 358 x 260 pixels web banner on our Careers Online system for two weeks. Banner links back to your organisation website or recruitment campaign.
- Visit our eCart System, select 2016 Targeted Communications under 'categories' on the left hand side, and select 'Web banner per fortnight'. Please follow prompts to make payment.
- Send a copy of your web banner (358 x 260 pixels), URL link and dates you would like the advertisement to be active to Prudence Brew, Industry Consultant email@example.com
Targeted emails and mailouts
This service enables you to email details of your recruitment programs and activities directly to students from the disciplines you typically target including local and international students, any discipline and any year level.
Refer to the University's student enrolments by faculty information before booking.
Letter mail outs to student's preferred mailing address are also available.
Booking emails or mail outs
- Standard database research query charge: $165.00 (applies to research conducted, even if no email results)
- Cost per email, ie per student: $1.65
- Standard database research query charge: $165.00 (applies to research conducted, even if no mail out results)
- Cost per letter labour charges: $2 for pre-packed material (excluding postage) or $3.30 if unpacked (excluding postage)
- Per letter Australia Post postage charges:
- $0.70 for DL ('regular' size)
- $1.24 Larger than DL (A4), up to 125g
- $1.86 Larger than DL (A4), over 125g up to 250g
- $3.10 Larger than DL (A4), over 250g up to 500g
- Additional photocopying: $0.15 per copy
Note: all prices are inclusive of GST. Charges apply to 2016 and may be subject to change.<3> To book
- Log in/ register for Careers Online and complete the 2016 Targeted Email Booking Form from the right hand menu.
- Make your initial research / data query payment of $165 (including GST) via eCart.
- You will receive a quote for the total cost of your targeted communications via email within 2-3 working days.
- If you are happy to proceed with the targeted communications, make your final payment via the eCart system (a link will be provided alongside the email quote).
- Your targeted email / postal mail out will then be dispatched to students.
Industry panel events
'Inside Careers' events are organised for students across different disciplines and may be panel discussions, roundtables or networking events. They engage alumni and / or industry representatives who provide insight into work and careers and workplace culture.
These events are organised by the University and organisations are invited to participate free of charge. Technical staff, experienced managers, alumni of the University, current staff undertaking graduate programs, and HR staff, including recruiters are encouraged to participate in these opportunities.
Register your organisation's interest to participate in future industry-related events.
Register your interest
- Log in / register for Careers Online and complete the 2016 Register Your Interest: Inside Careers form from the right hand menu.
- When an opportunity arises that is in line with the students you would like to recruit, we will be in contact with you.
Web banner advertising and industry events
Phone: +61 3 8344 5914
Targeted emails and mail outs
Phone: +61 3 9035 6385