As an employer, you can promote your organisation brand, jobs, work experience and related opportunities directly to our students.
In addition to advertising your opportunity on Careers Online, participating in one of our events or hosting an information session, you can promote your employment brand to University of Melbourne students through a number of other channels, including:
- Targeted emails
- Targeted mail outs
- Web banner advertising
- Participation in one of our industry panel events.
Targeted mail outs
Send details of your recruitment programs and activities directly to students from the disciplines you typically target including domestic and international students, any discipline and any year level.
Sending out targeted emails can help you to:
- specifically target your desired market based on a variety of demographics to control who sees your content and ensure a more engaged and receptive audience
- increase traffic to your website or social media pages by including links in your email
- promote your brand and stay top-of-mind with your desired audience
- distribute content that can be easily shared and forwarded.
The price is $166 per selected degree cohort.
For example, each of the following costs $166:
- Maths & Statistics, Undergraduate (Bachelor), Final year, Domestic students.
- Maths & Statistics, Graduate coursework (Masters), Final Year, Domestic students.
- Actuarial Studies, Graduate coursework (Masters), Final Year, Domestic students.
Targeted mail outs
Sending out targeted mail outs can help you to:
- specifically target your desired market based on a variety of demographics to control who sees your content and ensure a more engaged and receptive audience.
- create a more personalised and engaged communication with your audience as individuals
- provide a tangible and more reliable and familiar source of information
- distribute as much or as little content as you like from simple postcards to magazines and booklets
- promote your brand and stay top-of-mind with your desired audience.
Total fee = standard database search fee + number of letters x (labor charge + Australia Post postage).
Note: All prices are inclusive of GST. Charges apply and may be subject to change.
Service or product Amount Standard database search fee (per search) $166 Labor charge (per letter) Pre-packed material (excl. postage) $2 ea Unpacked (excl. postage) $3.30 ea Australia Post postage charge (per letter) DL ('regular size) $0.70 ea Larger than DL (A4) up to 125g $1.24 ea Larger than DL (A4) over 125g to 250g $1.86 ea Larger than DL (A4) over 250g to 500g $3.10 ea Additional photocopy (per copy) $0.15 ea
How to book targeted email and mail out services
- Log in or register for Careers Online and complete the form in the right hand menu.
- Make your initial research or data query payment of $166 (including GST) via eCart.
- You will receive a quote for the total cost of your targeted communications via email within 2-3 working days.
- If you are happy to proceed with the targeted communications, make your final payment via the eCart system (a link will be provided alongside the email quote).
- Your targeted postal mail out will then be dispatched to students.
Web banner advertising
Web banner advertisements appear on Careers Online, which is home to our online jobs and events board. The system is accessed by more than 10,000 students and graduates every month and is a great way to promote your brand and employment opportunities.
Booking a web banner ad
Cost is $550 (GST included) for a 358 x 260 pixels web banner on our Careers Online system for two weeks. Banner links back to your organisation website or recruitment campaign.
Industry panel events
'Inside Careers' events are organised for current students and recent graduates across different disciplines. These events range from panel discussions, to round tables or networking events. These events engage alumni or industry representatives to provide insight into employment, careers, and workplace culture.
These events are organised by the University and organisations are invited to participate free of charge. Technical staff, experienced managers, University alumni, current staff undertaking graduate programs and HR staff, including recruiters, are encouraged to participate in these opportunities.
Participating in an industry panel event can help you to:
- connect directly with engaged students from your desired target discipline
- establish your organisation as an industry leader and employer of choice
- build a reputation as an innovative and forward-thinking organisation.
How to register
- Log in or register for Careers Online and complete the 'Register Your Interest: Inside Careers' form in the right hand menu.
- When an appropriate event is scheduled for your industry or discipline, we will contact you with further details.
If you have any further queries please contact:
Phone: +61 3 8344 9466