Host a Work Shadowing experience to profile your organisation, engage with motivated students and make a difference to their career trajectory.
The Work Shadowing Program (WSP) is a collaboration between the University of Melbourne and registered host organisations to provide a 4-hour observational opportunity at the host organisation's workplace.
The aim is to help students:
- gain insight into work environments
- explore career paths
- develop work-ready skills such as communications and interpersonal skills, confidence and maturity
- expand their professional networks and connections.
The WSP will target students across all faculties early in their course who are interested in knowing more about the world of work and your organisation or sector.
Host organisation registrations for the 2018 round are now closed. We are now taking Expressions of Interest for the 2019 Work Shadowing Program.
- Why register
- Contribute to the development of future professionals and leaders.
- Build early connections with our talented, diverse and connected students.
- Showcase your brand to the workforce and customers of the future.
- Unlock the insights of our globally-connected student community.
- Support for host organisations
We support host organisations by:
- co-ordinating all student placements
- screening and selecting students
- providing guidance and suggested activities for mentor host organisations
- facilitating a compulsory induction workshop for selected students
- co-ordinating relevant host agreements and legal requirements (e.g. insurance)
- providing opportunity for host and student feedback after the WSP has concluded.
- Key dates
Activity Date Host organisation registration closes Monday 6 August 2018 Student registration opens Wednesday 8 August 2018 Students allocated to host organisations End of August 2018 Students induction workshop Early September 2018 Work shadowing host period* Between Monday 10 September – Friday 2 November 2018
*Host organisations are to nominate a date/time to host a group of 4 students (minimum) for 4 hours between the Work shadowing host period.
- Contact us
To find out more about being a host organisation, please contact Wai Lee:
Phone: +61 8344 5150