The Work Shadowing Program (WSP) provides you with a one-off immersive opportunity to visit and observe a professional work environment to explore potential career paths and industries while enhancing your networks and connections with employers.
The WSP will allow you to:
- gain professional work context experience and insight
- enhance industry knowledge and connectivity
- develop work-ready skills
- build early professional networks and connections
Applications are now open and will close at 5pm Friday 5 April 2019.
Eligibility to participate in the program
- Be a current University of Melbourne student.
- Be in year one or two of your undergraduate degree, or first year of your postgraduate.
- Have completed all components of the LMS (Com_02090) and assessment.
- Be available to attend the induction workshop on Wednesday 1st May 10:00-12:00pm.
If you believe you will be able to comply with all of the above eligibility for the program, please commence your registration.
Once you have registered you will be provided with a link to the LMS (COM_02090) to complete the WSP online modules and assessment.
Participation into the Work Shadowing Program is competitive with a limited number of spaces available. Applicants need to ensure they have complied with all eligibility requirements before they can be matched with a potential Host.
You will be notified of whether you are successfully allocated to a preferred host organisation by late April 30.
Post completion you will be asked to complete a Reflection Module.
- Key dates
- Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 March: Work Shadowing Program information sessions
- Employability Week Monday 18 March: Student registration opens
- Friday 29 March: Host organisation registration closes
- Friday 5 April: Student registration closes (5pm)
- End of April: Students allocated to host organisations
- End of April: Student induction workshops
- Between 1 May to 31 July: Work shadowing period
- Contact us
- For more information, please contact the WSP Co-Ordinator