The Work Shadowing Program (WSP) provides you with a one-off immersive opportunity to visit and observe a professional work environment to explore potential career paths and industries while enhancing your networks and connections with employers.
The WSP will allow you to:
- gain professional work context experience and insight
- enhance industry knowledge and connectivity
- develop work-ready skills
- build early professional networks and connections
Applications open from Monday 18 March and close at 5pm Friday 5 April 2019
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- be currently enrolled as a University of Melbourne student
- be in year one or two of your undergraduate degree, or first year of your postgraduate qualifications.
If you meet the above eligibility criteria, please ensure you are available to complete the following compulsory activities before submitting the registration form:
- complete an online module and assessment to determine whether you progress to the next stage of this process*
- attend an induction workshop at the end of April on the Parkville campus. Arrangements can be made for off-campus students
- attend your allocated work shadowing host organisation for four hours between 1 May and 31 July
- complete and submit a reflection survey after the work shadowing experience
There are a limited number of spaces available, so all applicants will be required to complete the registration form and online learning module and assessment to determine selection.
If selected, you will be notified whether or not you are successfully allocated to a preferred host organisation by late April*.
*As this program is launching for the first time, there will be limited participation from host organisations with places for four students each. If you miss out on your preference, you may be offered an alternative host in a similar industry.
- Key dates
- Friday 29 March: Host organisation registration closes
- Employability Week Monday 18 March: Student registration opens
- Friday 5 April: Student registration closes (5pm)
- End of April: Students allocated to host organisations
- End of April: Student induction workshops
- Between 1 May to 31 July: Work shadowing period
Work Shadowing Program Information sessions will be held during Employability Week
- Contact us
- For more information, please contact the WSP Co-Ordinator