The Work Shadowing Program (WSP) provides you with a one-off immersive opportunity to visit and observe a professional work environment to explore potential career paths and industries while enhancing your networks and connections with employers.
The WSP will allow you to:
- gain professional work context experience and insight
- enhance industry knowledge and connectivity
- develop work-ready skills
- build early professional networks and connections
Applications for the WSP are now closed. The next round will open in early March 2019.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- be currently enrolled as a University of Melbourne student
- be in year one or two of your undergraduate degree, or first year of your postgraduate qualifications.
If you meet the above eligibility criteria, please ensure you are available to complete the following compulsory activities before submitting the registration form:
- complete an online module and assessment to determine whether you progress to the next stage of this process*
- attend an induction workshop in the first week of September 2018 on the Parkville campus. Arrangements can be made for off-campus students
- attend your allocated work shadowing host organisation for four hours between Monday 10 September and Friday 2 November 2018
- complete and submit a reflection survey after the work shadowing experience.
Applications for the WSP are now closed.
There are a limited number of spaces available, so all applicants will be required to complete the registration form and online learning module and assessment to determine selection.
If selected, you will be notified whether or not you are successfully allocated to a preferred host organisation by late August 2018*.
*As this program is launching for the first time, there will be limited participation from host organisations with places for four students each. If you miss out on your preference, you may be offered an alternative host in a similar industry.
- Key dates
- Monday 6 August 2018: Host organisation registration closes
- Wednesday 8 August 2018: Student registration opens
- Monday 20 August 2018: Student registration closes (5pm)
- End of August 2018: Students allocated to host organisations
- 1st week September 2018: Student induction workshops
- Between Monday 10 September - Friday 2 November 2018: Work shadowing period
- Contact us
- For more information, please contact the WSP Co-Ordinator